Remember the first chilly night last fall when you were excited to pull your black boots out of storage? Well how happy were you to put them back in storage this spring and trade them in for fun, super-high wedgy, open-toed espadrilles? Pretty happy…..am I right? Of course, I’m right!
The seasonal changing out of clothes is a 2x-a-year right-of-passage for us fashionistas. It’s not that we love our spring clothes any better than our winter clothes – we are just ready to take on the latest looks.
Another thing we girls love is to hit the stores with our gal pals to add a few seasonal pieces to our wardrobes – hot items in colors that are right on trend.
Here’s one trick to being trendy without necessarily looking like everyone else: Find out what colors are the absolute hottest this season and chose pieces that fit your unique, fun, flirty style with splashes of those hot hues.
What are THE hottest fashion colors for spring 2011? The experts at Pantone know what the New York designers have lined up for us, and you’re going to love these top 5 spring colors for women’s fashions!
- Honeysuckle – This is Pantone’s top color of the year. Described as a “dynamic reddish pink”, it’s courageous, confident, and vital. Wear this (perhaps on your feet with this Stuart Weitzman pump), and you WILL get noticed!
- Coral Rose – Another beautiful, bold standout color. Your eye will automatically go for the coral rose pieces in your closet. The coral top of this to-die-for Kelly Lane dress will add the color in a chic way without being too over-the-top.
- Peapod – This cool, light green looks amazingly fresh and clean when paired with summer whites and creams. Picture this Marc Jacobs cross-body bag and perhaps a matching pair of shoes with an otherwise all-white outfit. Stunning!
- Beeswax – Is it yellow? Is it gold? Is it mustard? This fabulous color is all three at once. Take a look at this dress from Urban Outfitters. Won’t this color look amazing with the tan you’re oh-so-lovingly and safely spraying on?
- Silver Peony – Pinky, beigey, blushy and a little nudish – this is the ultimate neutral to pair with just about everything this spring. Take a look at this Stella McCartney blouse for a great example of what this hue is all about.
Post a photo of your fabulous new finds on our Facebook wall!