Wow! Today I turn 50! I feel so grateful to have the life that I have created for my beautiful family and me. I have been thinking about what it means to turn 50 for the past few months. I admit that I feel no different today than I did yesterday:) I can honestly say to you that I have never felt more confident about myself than I do now. Life experience will do that to you. The more you live, the more confident you become. I have always loved being born on the first day of spring. It gives me a chance to re-birth all of my ideas and life. Today I am going to Longwood Gardens with my beautiful Mommy:) We both are going to take in all the fresh flowers and enjoy the view!
I want to share my random thoughts on turning 50. In no particular order of importance, here’s what’s going through my head this glorious birthday morning.
- First de-clutter your life. It will make room for all sorts of new ideas.
- Take risks in life; it will enrich the ride.
- Don’t let anyone tell you your hair is to long because of your age. If you want your hair to be long then wear it long. If THEY don’t like it that’s there problem not yours.
- Live each and every day in gratitude. It will change the way you look at your life no matter what your circumstances are.
- Take a few moments to sit back and just breathe. For a while I allowed myself to be caught up in the busy-ness of going to this event or that event with Jing Ai that I got swallowed up in that craziness. Now I have decided to take time to just breath and smell the roses from time to time.
- Celebrate every milestone no matter how big or small and realize that one must really enjoy the ride to be happy at the final destination.
- Tell people in your life that you love them.
- Not all friendships were meant to be life long ones. Enjoy them while they last.
- If you have two great friends that you can trust entirely at age 50 you are lucky.
- If someone is mean to you let it go. Most of the time it has nothing to do with you and everything to do with them.
- Take time to smile at a stranger because you never no what they might be dealing with.
- Surround yourself with authentic positive people that are uplifting and inspiring.
- Live fearlessly because you have nothing to lose.
- Believe in Serendipity.
- If something doesn’t work out the way you hoped it would, be wise enough to know that the Universe is speaking to you loud and clear. Something better is right around the corner!
- There is more than one way to skin a cat! If at first you don’t succeed try again.
- Don’t let any thing or one determine your success. Only you have the power to do that.
- Buy flowers every now and then and put in a vase to admire just because.
- Sit down with your good china and have a special cup of tea. It will warm the soul.
- Dream big dreams and go and make them happen.
- You have to reach for the stars and never give up.
- If you are healthy with a roof over your head, food on the table and people to love, you are truly blessed. Always find something to be grateful for!
One last thing. I love this quote from Mark Twain. “Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.”
I don’t mind turning 50 at all. In fact, The best is yet to come!
Pure Love Grows, Donna XOXOXO