Everyone’s doing it. Posting on their Facebook pages the top 10 books that have inspired them, that is. My colorist and friend Kevin invited me to join in the fun, and I went straight for my bookshelves to hunt down the books that have stuck with me and changed my life in some way. What did I put on my list?
In no particular order, here are the ones I chose.
- The Ultimate Rose Book by Stirling Macoboy
- Jack: Straight from the Gut by Jack Welch
- The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale
- 5 Steps to Fabulous: Choices for Living Beautifully, Inside and Out by Vanessa Coppes
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- The First Phone Call from Heaven by Mitch Albom
- Balance Your Life, Balance the Scale by Jennifer Tuma-Young
- Dream Big (Olivia) by Ian Falconer
- The Toilet Paper Entrepreneur by Mike Michalowicz
- To My Daughter with Love: On the Important Things in Life by Susan Polis Shutz
I see a few big themes in this list. Loving. Spirituality. Making Dreams Come True. These are the things that I’m passionate about so it’s no surprise that books about them inspire me.
Speaking of books and making dreams come true, I want to give a quick shout out to my friend Robin and her new book. The One Year Women in Christian History, co-written by Robin Shreeves and Randy Petersen, was just released last week. I can’t wait to delve into it and learn about the faithful, creative, intelligent, courageous, and inspirational women in this book.
Your turn, girls. I want to know which books you count among your inspirations.
Pure Love Grows, Donna XOXOXO