Halloween isn’t just for the kiddies. We adults like to celebrate, too. I like to to sneak a candy bar or two out of the treat bowl. Sometimes enjoying cocktail while waiting for the cuties to ring my doorbell doesn’t seem like a bad idea – especially since Halloween falls on a Friday this year.
So I’m on the hunt for the perfect grownup Halloween treat – an orange cocktail, made with all natural ingredients, of course. I think I’ve found a few that are just right. Now to decide on just one before Halloween comes in two weeks….
- Caramel Apple Cocktail – Apple cider and brown sugar simple syrup give this vodka-based cocktail an orange/brown tinge. With fresh apples for garnish, this cocktail could be perfect for Halloween and take you all the way through Thanksgiving.
- Jack-O’-Lantern Cocktail – Orange liquor and cognac plus a few mixers combine in this simple cocktail. It’s finished with a cute, edible “pumpkin top.”
- The Steepy Hallow – Tea infused rum, blood orange soda and other good stuff are used in this orange Halloween cocktail.
- Spiced Pumpkin Shrub – There’s real pumpkin in this drink in the form of a shrub – a vinegar drink that dates back to Colonial times. The shrub can be made days ahead and kept in the fridge then mixed with vodka and other mixes in this orange, pumpkin cocktail.
- Grim Reaper Cocktail – Three simple ingredients – two of them boozy – go in this deep orange Halloween cocktail served on ice.
I just don’t know which one to choose!? Which one of these Halloween cocktails appeals to you?
Pure Love Grows, Donna XOXOXO
Image: Tim Sackton/Flickr