I can’t believe it’s here again already! Memorial Day Weekend! The beginning of summer (even if summer is still officially a month away)! This weekend is like a three-day sneak peak of all the sunny goodness to come. In my family summer really kicks into full gear once my boys are done school, but for these three days, we get to live and play like it’s already here.
What do I love most about Memorial Day weekend? In honor of the end of 33 years of awesome, clever top 10 lists from David Letterman, I’ll answer that question with a top 10 list, done my way.
- The first hot dog off the grill.
- Late night backyard fires.
- Roasting marshmallows on the fire, letting them catch on fire, and blowing them out.
- Making s’mores with those toasty marshmallows.
- Refreshing glasses of Sangria.
- The opening of our local pool.
- Lying on a lounge chair at the pool and reading a good book.
- A road trip to the beach.
- Sticking my toes in the Atlantic Ocean for the first time in a year.
- Not setting the alarm clock on a Monday morning!
These are simple pleasures, but this weekend will be full of them. What are your favorite simple pleasures you’ll be reveling in this weekend?
Enjoy the unofficial start of summer, beauties!
Pure Love Grows, Donna XOXOXO