Inspired by our search for mindfulness, Pantone chose two colors for its 2016 Color of the Year. It’s the first time two hues have shared the this title.
Rose Quartz and Serenity, shades of pink and blue, are Pantone’s answer to the stressfulness of modern life. In Pantone’s words, they are “welcoming colors that psychologically fulfill our yearning for reassurance and security.”
“Joined together, Rose Quartz and Serenity demonstrate an inherent balance between a warmer embracing rose tone and the cooler tranquil blue, reflecting connection and wellness as well as a soothing sense of order and peace,” says Leatrice Eiseman, Pantone’s executive director.
We’ll be seeing these calming tones in fashion throughout 2016, and adding splashes of Rose Quartz and Serenity to complement the fashion staples you already own is a fabulous way to update you style in the new year without throwing out everything in your closet.
These are my suggestions for adding a few fashionable touches of Pantone’s 2016 color of the year.
- On your nails: Try Essie’s “saltwater happy,” a soft and inviting shade for your touch of Serenity or “adore-a-ball,” a sheer, soft pink for your touch of Rose Quartz.
- On your tech: Let’s take a cue from the kids and think of our phone cases as fashion statements. Of course, function is the first concern when it comes to protecting our phones, but if you can find both protection and beauty in a case, go for it. Tory Burch makes a leather hardshell iPhone case in Rose Gold, that is perfect adding a splash of the Rose Quartz hue to your always-seen tech accessory.
- On your neck: Scarfs are the easiest way to add the color of the year to your wardrobe. Calvin Klein has a Pink Quartz scarf in this year’s collection that is lovely. (Were they given a heads up?) I’m sure you can find fashion scarfs that have this year’s color in almost any store.
- On your feet: Remember Keds? They’re back in style now and they definitely are not just the white “bo bo” sneakers of yesterday. Their Blue Champion Ombre Glitter Sneakers will put a sparkly touch of Serenity in your step.
- On your pucker: Call it serendipity. Jing Ai’s Lip Jewel in Pink A Boo that we introduced last year puts next year’s Rose Quarts on your lips. Every time you flash your gorgeous smile, you’ll be psychologically fulfilling the “yearning for reassurance and security” of everyone your smile graces. When’s the last time your lip color could do that? To help you start your collection of Pantone 2016 Color of the Year splashes, I’m offering 40% off now though Monday, December 14. Use the coupon code SpreadPureLove at checkout!
PURE LOVE GROWS XOXOXO, Donna